All publications can be viewed on ORCID at
Recent Refereed Journal Articles
- Fandiño O, Cox JS, McGregor C, Conrad J, Liao K, Tremaine PR (2020) Carbon Dioxide Contamination of Aqueous Morpholine Solutions and Effects on Secondary Coolant Chemistry Under CANDU Conditions. Nucl. Tech., In press.
- Arcis H, Ferguson J, Cox JS, Tremaine PR (2020) The Ionization Constant of Water at Elevated Temperatures and Pressures: New Data from Direct Conductivity Measurements and Revised Formulations from T = 273 K to 674 K and p = 0.1 MPa to 31 MPa. J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 43:033103. See also accompanying ‘Editor’s Pick’ Scilight.
- Alcorn CD, Cox JS, Applegarth LMSGA, Tremaine PR (2019). Investigation of Uranyl Sulfate Complexation under Hydrothermal Conditions by Quantitative Raman Spectroscopy and Density Functional Theory. J. Phys. Chem. B. 123(34):7385–7409 .
- Sasidharanpillai S, Arcis H, Trevani L, Tremaine PR (2019). Triborate Formation Constants and Polyborate Speciation under Hydrothermal Conditions by Raman Spectroscopy using a Titanium/Sapphire Flow Cell. J. Phys. Chem. B. 123(24):5147-5159.
- McGregor C, Al-Abdul-Wahid MS, Robertson V, Cox JS, Tremaine PR (2018). Formation Constants and Conformational Analysis of Carbamate in Aqueous Solutions of 2-Methylpiperidine and CO2 from 283 K to 313 K by NMR Spectroscopy. J. Phys. Chem. B, 122: 9178-9190.
- Fandiño O, Sasidharanpillai S, Soldatov DV, Tremaine PR (2018). Carbamate formation in the system (2-Methylpiperidine + Carbon Dioxide) by Raman spectroscopy, X-Ray diffraction and computational Studies, J. Phys. Chem. B. 122(48):10880-10893.
- Applegarth LMSGA, Pye CC, Cox JS, Tremaine PR (2017). Raman spectroscopic and ab initio investigation of aqueous boric acid, borate, and polyborate speciation from 25 to 80 C. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 56(47):13983-13996.
- Lowe AR, Cox JS, Tremaine PR (2017). Thermodynamics of aqueous adenine: Standard partial molar volumes and heat capacities of adenine, adeninium chloride, and sodium adeninate from T = 283.15 K to 363.15 K. J. Chem. Thermodyn. 112: 129-145.
- McGregor C, Fandiño O, Cox JS, Ballerat-Busserolles K, Tremaine PR (2017). Standard Partial Molar Heat Capacities and Volumes of Aqueous N-Methylpiperidine and N-Methylpiperidinium Chloride from 283 K to 393 K. J. Chem. Thermodyn. 113: 377-387.
- J.P. Ferguson, H. Arcis, G.H. Zimmerman, P.R. Tremaine. Ion-Pair Formation Constants of Lithium Borate and Lithium Hydroxide under Pressurized Water Nuclear Reactor Coolant Conditions by AC Conductivity Methods. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2017, 56, 8121−8132.
- H. Arcis, J.P. Ferguson, L.M.S.G.A. Applegarth, G.H. Zimmerman, P.R. Tremaine. Ionization of Boric Acid in Water from 298 K to 623 K by AC Conductivity and Raman Spectroscopy Methods. J. Chem. Thermodyn. 2017, 106, 187–198
- H. Arcis, J.P. Ferguson, G.H. Zimmerman, P.R. Tremaine. The Limiting Conductivity of the Borate Ion and its Ion-Pair Formation Constants with Sodium and Potassium under Hydrothermal Conditions. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18, 24081–24094
- Fandiño O, Yacyshyn M, Cox JS, Tremaine PR (2016). Acid Gas Extraction for Disposal and Related Topics. Chapter: Speciation in Liquid-Liquid Phase-Separating Solutions of Aqueous Amines for Carbon Capture Applications by Raman Spectroscopy. Pages 81-94. Scrivener Publishing LLC. ISBN: 978-1-118-93861-4.